in

The three Factors from Richard Wiseman about Luck

Richard Wiseman is a very particular British academic who occupies the only chair in the United Kingdom on Public Understanding of Psychology.

Wiseman spent a decade trying to understand what happens to people, that is, why some consider themselves fortunate and others, unfortunate. Come on, he’s basically the greatest researcher of luck.

As a peculiar detail of the life of this academic, it should be noted that, as a child, he was fascinated by magic; so much that it became part of the iconic Magic Circle in London. Now, at fifty, he conducts his research at the University of Hertfordshire.

Being or not fortunate does not depend on external factors: 90% of what happens to us depends on our way of thinking and seeing the world.

Wiseman’s research

Nobody was born with luck was the culmination of their research and in this work explains why good things always happen to the same people. There are three factors that determine the fate of people, but the most important thing is to have one thing clear: 90% of our existence is defined by our way of thinking and the remaining 10% is random.

The mentality is the key

neither a four-leaf clover, nor crossing your fingers, nor a lucky chinese cat, nor avoiding going underneath stairs, nor black cats, nor any other superstition you can think of will serve to call good luck and avoid the bad.

Follow your intuition, it’s the simplest way to not regret decisions.According to Wiseman, we make two recurring errors when assessing our luck. On the one hand, we tend to think that we are responsible for our bad luck and, on the other, that it only favors the people who are in the right place at the right time. However, everything depends on your mind being in what it has to be: pay attention to the opportunities that are presented to us and take advantage of them.

The 3 factors that influence your luck

1. Put your intuitive intelligence to work

People with luck tend to pay much attention to their intuition, while the unfortunate ignore them completely. If you ignore what each fiber of your being tells you and then regret the decision made, do not you think you should change your modus operandi?

As Malcolm Gladwell explains in his book Intuitive Intelligence, everything is about deciding without thinking, that is, making decisions unconsciously.

2. Do not give up before failure

A person with luck does not surrender to the first change. If things do not go well the first time, we’ll have to keep trying, do not you think? Wiseman is clear: if you are optimistic and think that, sooner or later, good things will happen, luck will come to look for you.

It is important that you see the changes as new opportunities

3. Do not be afraid of the changes

The key is to turn bad luck into good luck: if the results of your decision are not as expected, assume them, welcome them and embark on a new adventure. In the face of a change, a person with luck will act decisively and positively; You will see it as a possibility to start over or get something different. In psychology, this ability to imagine instantly that everything could have been much worse is called an investment mentality.

and you, are you lucky? if not, pay attention to these factors and you will see how everything changes.

If you like this post at wittylead.com, please share.

We would be glad to hear from you in the comments!

What do you think?

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Crayfish becomes online hero, who sacrificed its own limb to survive a boiling pot at a restaurant in China

Does Luck exist? or Is it a state of mind?